Thought for the Day
Have you ever been doing a group project at school? Maybe there is a lot of work to be done, so your group decides to divide up the assignment into parts. Some of the parts don’t seem that bad, but then there are other parts that no one wants. When you’re working on school projects, you’d rather get the good assignments. In the same way, God has an assignment for your life? The good news about this assignment is that its good work. That doesn’t mean that it’s going to be easy, but it does mean that the assignment God has for you to do is good. You have been created to do something for God. And that something is good. So today, be encouraged. God has something for you to do to change your world. Get close to God. Spend time in His word and get to know His voice. As you do, He will begin to show you the things He has in store for you to do.
“ seniors if you signed up for a senior video your copy has been made. Please bring your $10 and see Mr. Knaak “
AP English students- we will only be offering AP English Literature next year in 2019-2020:
ATTENTION ALL CURRENT SOPHOMORES INTERESTED IN AP ENG LIT (will be Juniors next Fall) Any student wanting to be in an AP English class for 2019-2020 needs to have a 3.5 GPA (from previous English courses) and take a qualifying entrance essay. Each student will need to complete the essay prior to summer vacation. Sign up sheets are available in the office, please sign up during one of the following times:
The essay will require 30-45 minutes to complete. If you have any further questions please contact either Mrs. Robbins, Mrs. Reimer, or Mrs. Ayers.
Class of 2019 Sober Grad!!
Thursday May 30th 10:00pm to Sunrise Friday Morning (approx. 5:30am)
- Check in - 10:00pm IHS parking lot snacks and drinks will be available on the bus (provided)
- 11:00pm - 1:30am Roller Towne and Quantum Leap in Visalia both are open for our private party event; graduates can go to one or both the snack bar at Roller Towne will be open (purchase required) El Rincon party tray will be available at Quantum Leap (provided) skate rentals (RT) and socks (QL) are included
- 1:30am depart Visalia to Kingsburg Gun Club (2246 Gilbert Drive, Kingsburg CA 93631) Grad Selfie Photo Booth, Bonfire, Outdoor Movie, Cornhole Tournament Popcorn, S'mores and Coffee Bar (provided) All You can eat Pancake breakfast (provided, will begin serving at 4:00am) Raffles & Prizes No Lifeguard - No swimming/floating in the river (KGC rules)
- Graduates are required to check in and start the event at IHS. No one will be allowed to join or meet up with the group later
- Graduates may not leave early - the only exception is if his/her own parent comes to pick him/her up
- No outside food or drink will be allowed, please do not bring any. We will have plenty of food and beverages available to you the entire evening Bags, Backpacks & Purses will be checked (if you don't need it, don't bring it)
- please log in and complete the Quantum Leap waiver
- Quantum Leap
- Bring Blankets and Beach Towels to sit on at the Gun Club (picnic table seating is available)
- Graduates need to be picked up at the Gun Club when the event is over (approximately 5:30am/sunrise) Kingsburg Gun Club - 2246 Gilbert Drive, Kingsburg CA 93631
- The final cost for students will be $25.
- Payment will be due in the office by Friday 5/24.
If you are in need of a work permit. Please see Mrs. Barbosa or Mrs. Simonian to get the form to have your potential employer fill out . Once that is filled out by your employer, return to Mrs. Simonian to receive your actual work permit. Please allow one day for processing the work permit.
Please return uniforms/sports equipment to your coaches. They will NOT be accepted in the office.
We are pleased to provide transportation to practice at our Sports Complex daily for those athletes who need it. Please make note of these important details:
- Sports Complex transportation
- The bus will leave at 2:55 pm daily EXCEPT Wednesdays. On Wednesdays the bus will depart at 2:15 pm.
- If you miss the bus it will be your responsibility to contact the coach and get a ride to the Complex.
- It is the parents’ responsibility to provide transportation from the Complex at the end of practice.
Athletics Packets: If you are planning on playing a sport you will need to have an athletics packet filled out before you can practice or play. The 2019-2020 Athletics Packet can be found on our website www.immanuelschoolsathletics.com under the Resources tab.
Gate Fees:Immanuel students are admitted free of charge to all home games (EXCEPT Playoff games). Adults, students, and children from other schools will be charged gate fees at all League games (excluding tennis, cross country, and golf) per the CSL bylaws.
Athletics Passes: The Athletics Department is selling All Sports Passes for the cost of $50 a piece and 4 for $175. Each pass is admission for one individual and is accepted at all IHS home games except for Playoffs. Passes can be purchased in the Athletics Office
|Test||Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration|
|SAT||June 1||May 3||May 22|
|ACT||June 9||May 4||May 18|
|ACT||July 14||June 15||June 22|