“Mathematics is the language that God used to write the universe.” This quote from Galileo expresses the goal of all the math courses I teach at Immanuel. Mathematics is a gift from God to man that allows men to grasp His rationality. Algebra is a branch of mathematics dedicated to solving equations. In Algebra 2 we will be studying functions (notation, graphing, solving). Functions that will be considered are polynomial functions (with a special emphasis on quadratics), radical functions, logarithmic and exponential functions and conic sections. The TI-83 or TI-84 calculator are used extensively in this course.
– Polynomial Functions – solving, graphing, modeling
– Quadratic Function – solving, graphing, modeling, factoring
– Exponential Functions – rules for exponents, solving and modeling
– Logarithmic Functions – rules, notation, solving, problems solving
– Conic Sections – solving, graphing